Saturday, September 3, 2011

9/3--wimping out

Scheduled to run 7 today; I was thinking there was probably about a 60% chance that I wouldn't run today before the day even started.  Hoping it would work out, but it didn't, and I'm okay with that.

Here's why: we canned 200 lbs of peaches.  And all four of my kids came down with fevers and I don't really want to just leave my parents with my four sickies (we're visiting them this weekend).  And I tripped over Luke's bouncy seat, fell over Juliet, and smashed my knee into the wall, which promptly swelled up and turned bluish-purple (enough that I had to ice it).  The icing on the cake is that it's now 8 pm, very dark, windy, and the lightning and thunder that we've had all day look like they're really ready to go.

So no 7 miles today.  Honestly I'm kind of relieved because my knees have been feeling wobbly and I am grateful for the extra day of rest. 


No comments:

Post a Comment