Monday, September 19, 2011

9/19

4 on the treadmill; stopped at 3.1 to get a drink and try to work some of the stiffness out of my knee.  I was hoping to run outside today but it was a really awful day and I'm just lucky that I ran at all (as I type this it's 9:56 pm and I still have to shower post-run.  crazy day).

4 miles; 8:19/mile

And on a different note, an update on my race Saturday--one of the 5K runners collapsed after crossing the finish line and died.  Apparently he was only 42 and didn't have any apparent medical problems.  I walked right by him (we parked just past the start line for the 5K so as they were lining up to start out we were working our way through the crowds after finishing the 10K) before the 5K started.  As Neil said, it's a sobering reminder of how fragile life is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment