Monday, September 26, 2011

9/26

Ho-hum, what happens now that the race is over?  I've really gone back and forth on running a half in October and I think in kindness to my family I should not...it's just really hard finding time to run right now where it doesn't infringe on everything else.  I wish I was getting up early to run, but Luke is still waking up every couple of hours at night and mornings are pretty arduous for me right now.

On that note, I didn't run Friday (mowed the lawn instead, which was probably twice the workout!) and I didn't run Saturday (spent 11 hours canning applesauce and didn't get to bed until midnight). 

Ran 4 on the treadmill today with interval hills.  I think I really need to focus on hills to compensate for the "easiness" of the treadmill as opposed to running on uneven terrain outside against the wind. 

8:19/mile always on an incline (started at level 1, went to level 2 after 5 minutes, level 3 after another 4, back to 2 for 4, back to 3...you get the idea). 

I'm debating whether I want to focus less on running and do more cross-training and yoga.  I've lost all my pregnancy weight (yay!) but I would still like to lose more and just tighten up my whole body rather than exclusive running.  We'll see...I need to set some sort of goal.  Maybe lose 15 pounds by Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment