Friday, August 27, 2010

8/27

Easy run today over the bog trail.  My running partner had been up literally all night with kids--she told me that when six am rolled around, she figured she'd just go anyway, despite the fatigue, since she was already up (and had been up since 1 am, after going to bed at 12:30 am due to completely disassembling then reassembling her toilet.  Which she didn't get to start until about 10 pm, because before that she was at my house learning to make mozzarella).  So anyway--I was amazed that she was still there running. Because I probably would have wimped out. 

Anyway, we took it easy for her sake so I didn't bother clocking it, since we walked twice for about a minute, but we were probably running about an 8:45 mile the rest of the time.  I felt great--much more energy than Tuesday's run.  I thought about running another couple of miles after we wrapped up, but since Neil isn't feeling too hot and two of the kids are sick, I figured I better skedaddle on home. 

It was actually cold this morning, and the moon was enormous--it didn't get light until the very end.  Beautiful running conditions, but it's reminding me that not-so-lovely ones are on their way.

STATS:  3 miles, bog loop trail

No comments:

Post a Comment