Tuesday, August 17, 2010

8/17

Today was supposed to be a tempo run, but I ended up running late enough in the day that I had no energy for tempo-ing (about 2:30 pm, after I'd been mowing the lawn).  So I just ran for the specified time while my sister Elise biked along beside me (my mom was home while the kids were napping).

My shoes felt really heavy (probably because of the lawn-mowing and late-in-the-dayness), and I was pretty fixated on that the whole time.  And I definitely need to recalibrate my iPod sensor for the new pouch, because most of the run it was telling me I was running a 9:50 mile, and that I had run much less than I'd actually run.  So that was really depressing and non-motivating, because I felt like I was already running pretty fast.

When I got home, I mapped it out and I'd actually run about 4.06 miles, which gave me an 8:36 mile.  Not great, but not bad either.

STATS:  4.06 miles, 8:36/mile

No comments:

Post a Comment