Monday, April 1, 2013

36ish weeks

So Monday & Wednesday's runs went well, although I didn't run on Friday--my family was in town visiting and we took the children to Indianapolis to go to the Children's Museum.  It was a full day and totally wiped me out!  We hiked for a couple of hours on Saturday so I did get a bit of cardio (not very intense, but it was something).

Ran 4 miles today and it felt really good--I started out slow to warm up, gradually increased, and then spent the last couple of miles hovering around a 10:50 mile.  Slow, but hey, I'm going!

My mom commented several times over the weekend that I am the most agile and energetic 8-months-pregnant woman she's ever seen.  It's good to realize that even though I'm not very fast right now, there are lots of other benefits that I'm seeing from running--I didn't really think about that before, but while I'm slower, my range of motion is just about what it is when I'm not pregnant.  So if all these miles are doing nothing other than making it easy for me to pick up toys, swing my kids around, and get up off the floor easily...hey, it's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment