Thursday, April 18, 2013

4/18

Really struggled on Tuesday with debilitating pain after Monday's run.  I did an hour of yoga on Tuesday and it didn't help at all--everything just ached so much.  I was literally unable to sit in my chair by dinnertime because the spikes of pain through my thighs and hip flexors were so bad.  I finally spent a couple of hours in a super-hot bath and that seemed to stop the involuntary muscle spasms, but it was still a painful evening.

So on Wednesday I decided to walk instead of run.  I walked the standard 4 miles and while I still had some hip-spasms, it wasn't as unbearable as with running.

Walked 3 miles this afternoon and then another 2 miles this evening, most of it at 17:08/mile (warm-up and cool-down were slightly slower).  Stopped when the pain in my bad ankle was too bad to continue; took my sock off to see that it was swollen to at least twice its normal size.

Pregnancy is awesome!

1 comment: