Wednesday, April 10, 2013

4/10

Better!  Tired today, so I debated between running tonight & taking a nap in the afternoon, or just running in the afternoon...decided to run because the kids were playing with a noisy game and I figured I might as well.

Started out with some cramping, so after I'd run 4 minutes I walked for 2 minutes, then started up running again and ran until I hit 2 miles.  Stopped for water and decided to see what would happen if I cranked the pace up (I was running about 11:19/mile).  So I started up at 10:00/mile and thought I'd just take the pace down every minute or so in order to not get exhausted--I dropped down every minute until I hit 10:31/mile and then realized I wasn't really tired, so I went back up to 10:00/mile for another 6/10 of a mile or so, then stopped again for water, and started again at 10:00/mile.  This time I did drop the pace every 2/10 of a mile by .1 so that I could start to cool down a bit.

Average pace for the 4 miles, including walking, was right about 11:00/mile (close to 12:00 for the first two and close to 10:00 for the second two).  I feel much better about this run because of the negative splits for the second half.

Walked 6/10 of a mile earlier with the kids; hopefully if the rain stops we'll get out for another walk later.

No comments:

Post a Comment