Saturday, April 13, 2013

38 weeks

I meant to run or walk yesterday, but it was SO busy and by the time everything was done (10 PM) I was exhausted and my back hurt so much that I couldn't sit, stand, walk, or lie down without it throbbing.  So I didn't run.

Kind of an interesting workout today--I really wanted to run outside, but I also wanted to spend time with everyone as a family before Neil went to work.  So I ran the 1.25 miles over to a nearby nature center, we hung out there as a family, then we walked the mile loop through the woods, then I ran home.  Then after everyone ate lunch, I washed the dishes, put Luke down, read to the kids, and then hopped on the treadmill  & ran another 1.5 miles and walked .5 miles.

The first 1.25 miles I ran today were really painful--it was GORGEOUS outside but the nerve in my right leg kept dropping me every couple of minutes, so I had to walk every so often for 30 seconds or so until it was bearable again.  It seemed to be worse on the uphills, didn't bother me much when we were walking around as a family, and then was at a low enough level that I could ignore it on the way home, so I could run that one the whole time (except for the occasional sudden  careful walk through giant boggy puddles).  I got home totally mud-splattered but thrilled about having run outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment