Wednesday, January 4, 2012

the last week or so

So my last post was on Christmas Eve, and here's the catching-up since then:

  • Didn't run Monday the 26th because we went over to Neil's brother's house early (for breakfast) and stayed there until naptime, then Neil and I went out that evening for our anniversary and there just wasn't time.
  • Didn't run Tuesday the 27th because I was starting to feel sick (Neil had a really horrific cold that he graciously shared with everyone else!) and I didn't want to push it before skiing the next day.
  • Spent Wednesday the 28th skiing all day.  It was awesome and amazing and I pulled a muscle in my left calf and ringed both ankles with really scary-looking blisters.  Still awesome.
  • Thursday the 29th--no run because I was having trouble walking comfortably with aforesaid pulled muscle, plus we spent the day packing up to leave Utah.  It was quite the undertaking and I was sick as a dog.
  • Friday the 30th--still sick enough that I was having trouble breathing, but hiked the 3-mile roundtrip route to Delicate Arch, which was lovely and enough of an exertion (uphill over slickrock) that I feel like it counts as exercise.  Spent the rest of the day in the car (until midnight).
  • Saturday the 31st--spent the rest of the day in the car and arrived in Missouri at Neil's other brother's house.
  • Sunday the 1st--Sunday, no run.
  • Monday the 2nd--ran 5.38 miles at 9:44 pace with my sister-in-law Juli.  This was one of the hardest runs I've ever done--the wind was INSANE and it seriously was pushing us backwards.  So glad that she was there to keep me going--we had a great talk (between gasping in the wind!)  Still sick.
  • Tuesday the 3rd--drove 8 hours home, no run.
  • Wednesday the 4th--went out and ran 6.05 miles (9:15 pace) around here.  I felt slow and plodding, but I just kept running and never stopped.  It's good to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment