Sunday, January 22, 2012

1/23

oh look, it's 1:16 am and I'm online!  this is not going to be fun tomorrow.

I haven't run since Wednesday for two reasons:  first of all, we had a nasty snowstorm and there are cars going off the road ALL OVER THE PLACE (seriously, I drove one of my running routes to see if it was runnable, and let's just say that after the guy in front of me went careening across the road into a ditch, I decided I didn't want to get hit while running and I would stay inside).

And secondly, and majorly why I haven't gone looking for more treadmills--my left knee has really been acting up.  After Wednesday's run I spent most of Thursday and part of Friday with a heating pad on it.  It's been awful.  So I am taking a break and looking for a sports doctor.  Any local recommendations?  Anything you've done to alleviate knee pain?  I'm worried about totally blowing it out and having to take months off--this knee has bothered me off and on for the last ten or fifteen years (I always have to use a heating pad on it when the weather changes--it's a very effective barometer) but it's gotten worse over the last year.

Suggestions?  Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment