Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Anger run

Read my main blog to see why I was so mad because I don't even want to get into it again.

Anyway--decided to run a lot of hills tonight at a slow pace (8:57/mile).  Base resistance at 1 on the gym treadmill and then cranked it up to 2 for a few minutes, down to 1, up to 3, down to 1...you get the idea.  Went up to 6 and it started getting hard enough that I didn't push it higher.  I'm trying this hills-on-the-treadmill thing I read about in Runner's World since it was rainy and cold and dark tonight and I didn't feel safe outside.

So I ran 6 miles like that at the slow pace (trying to increase my aerobic capacity and burn fat rather than glycogen because that's what the books are telling me I need to do for marathon prep, yadda yadda) and it just wasn't fast enough for how angry and mad I was.

So after the 6 I cranked it up and finished out the 10K plus a bit and ended at 6:00 pace and that still wasn't fast enough but I was just so mad and shaking and angry that I thought I should stop.  Right now it's been two hours since I finished running and I am still furious--I lifted weights for an hour and I am still so mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6.22 miles, lots of hills, paced at 8:57 for first 6 and climbing to 6:00 to finish (it was surprisingly easy even after the 6...I think the slower pace has potential for some serious long runs)

No comments:

Post a Comment