Monday, January 16, 2012

1/16

No run Saturday; it was snowing and Neil left for the lab at 6:30 am and got home right at dinnertime--I was kind of bummed (okay a lot) but it was one of those days where family took precedence.  I was getting kind of stressed today about not running again (Neil had stomach flu last night and was home sick today and the kids were just crazy!  So hard keeping them quiet and away from him, plus Abigail had dance today and it was just kind of a long day what with the sick husband and the teething baby and the potty-training toddler and the two girls who are typically at school and were not today--plus Jooj has been throwing up intermittently this weekend as well.  Fun stuff).

Anyway...today was my last day of the week's free trial at the nearby gym where I've been going to get my runs in.  Neil recovered enough that I felt okay leaving once the kids were in bed, so I scampered over SO ready to just run and run and run (it was honestly all I could think about the last hour before bedtime, and I was thinking off and on all day how much I REALLY needed to run).

So I ran my five--I was hoping to do six but I got really bad stomach cramps during the last mile and given the health of everyone at home I thought I better not push it too much.  And I ran pretty slowly because I wanted to read the whole time--I've had no down time this weekend and I really needed to just spend some time reading and losing myself in another world.  It was so nice and exactly what I needed...although my knee is still bothering me.  I think I am going to meet with a personal trainer and see what I can work out for that.  Speaking of which, I was talking tonight with the trainer that I mentioned in my last post about working with him, and he was saying (Spanish accent here that I cannot replicate), "Yes, you, I have been watching you.  You are a real athlete."  Which was just about the best compliment ever.  I feel like I have SO far to go and sometimes it gets really depressing thinking about the kind of runner that I am not--but then to talk to someone tonight who was so incredibly complimentary about my endurance and lung capacity and cardio work--it was really nice.  And it made me realize how far I've come, even if I still have a looooong way to go.  

5 miles, 8:47/mile, level 1 resistance

No comments:

Post a Comment