Wednesday, August 31, 2011

8/31

10x400-meter repeats today--started running at 9 pm (definitely not my preferred time of day). 

1st repeat (warm-up) at 8:00/mile out and 8:12/back.
2nd repeat at 7:53/out and 8:12/back
3rd repeat at 7:53/out and 8:06/back
4th-10th repeats at 7:47/out and 8:06/back

NO STOPS!  Yay!!  I was really proud of myself--I ran the whole 5 miles much faster than usual without stopping.  I'm not exactly sure what the final pace was, since the treadmill didn't click over to the mileage until 40:05, but I at least know that the whole 5 miles was sub-8:00/miles averaged out.

(I do have to say that after I finished I just started walking around and I got super dizzy so then I had to get back on the treadmill and walk for 4 minutes to cool down before I fell over or threw up or something exciting like that.  I should be running like this more often so that it doesn't affect me so much.)

No comments:

Post a Comment