Saturday, August 20, 2011

8/20

Whew!  I didn't know if I was going to be able to run today--we went to the temple last night in Chicago so it was kind of a weird night's sleep at the hotel, then we went to Navy Pier this morning with the kiddos (and we parked a mile away and walked in, plus walking all around for 5 hours and the walk back to the car).  But we had everything ready for Sunday by nine tonight so I went ahead with the run.  I am SO glad I only had 3 miles to do; I don't think I would have been able to make myself do it if it had been much more than that.  I was so tired starting out that I almost quit after 14 seconds, but I told myself to run at least half a mile first and then I was able to just keep going once I got into my rhythm. 

I've been having some pretty nasty pain in my right hip lately after I run--it was bad enough yesterday that I couldn't sit or walk comfortably for a couple of hours.  I'm thinking I may try to get in to my mom's personal trainer, since she told me to check in with her after Luke was born to repair all the pregnancy damage to my joints and alignment.

3 miles; 8:30/mile

No comments:

Post a Comment