Saturday, September 4, 2010

9/4

Easy recovery run today; I'm not really sure how to handle these runs when they're done the day after the long run.  Any advice on that?  My normal schedule is MWF are pace runs, Tuesday is a speedwork day, and Saturday is the long run, but lately it seems like I'm flipping the Friday and Saturday runs, and I'll have to do it again next weekend.  I'd love advice if anyone knows if I should be approaching my Saturday runs differently following a long run Friday.

So normally this would be a pace run, but I really didn't have it in me to do that tonight, especially since I ran at 9 pm after a day of wandering the farmers' market, taking the kids to the zoo and then the playground, then canning three dozen jars of applesauce, plus apple chutney and cranberry-apple relish.  Long day all on my feet.

So I took it really easy--like really, really easy.  Partially because I was tired, and partially because it was completely dark and I couldn't see a car parked across the sidewalk until I was five feet from it.  So I just enjoyed the run and the cool night and the smell of burning leaves and the stars come out.  It really is gorgeous here. 

STATS:  4 miles, 10:13/mile

No comments:

Post a Comment