Tuesday, September 28, 2010

9/28

So it's official:  I've missed my first run of this half-marathon training.

Neil's alarm went off at six and I barely registered that he left.  I'd thought last night about trying to run this morning but realized that the sleep was probably going to be more important in the long run, since I didn't fall asleep until about midnight last night (one of those manic mind-too-alert nights where you lie there just thinking forever).

When I did finally wake up, I got myself and the kids ready, fed everyone breakfast, made our beds, vacuumed the house, and left for visiting teaching at 9.  We got back at 11 and went on a walk, played on the swings, ate lunch, and left again at 12:25.  Jules and Isaac went to a friend's house; I went to Abigail's school and worked in her classroom all afternoon.  We got home at about 4, read stories together, then I made dinner, we ate, cleaned up, and I took Abigail back to school for an orientation meeting.  We got home from that about 7:30.  Neil and I worked on Abigail's school assignments with her, then did some vocab, I read her a story, and then she went to bed around 8.  I spent the next hour paying bills and prepping everything for tomorrow (appointments at 9, 10, and 12:30-3:30, plus missionaries for dinner).  Now it's nine o'clock, I can still think of about five things I need to do before going to bed, and I need to be up in another 9 hours running.

I'm actually okay with this (despite my long explanatory post).  I went to bed last night knowing I probably wouldn't run today; I wish it had worked out, but sometimes it just doesn't.  I really try to make sure that neither running nor teaching infringes on my family time, so...there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment