Wednesday, September 1, 2010

9/1

Easy 3-mile today.  That is, I don't remember if it was supposed to be easy (probably it was a pace run), but I was totally exhausted today.  We started out really fast, and I said to my running buddy, "There's no way I can hold this."  And she laughed and said she was thinking the same thing.

So we ended up jogging more than running.  Plus, there was a TON of traffic, so we had to spend a couple of minutes waiting at the stoplight to cross the highway, which never happens at 6:00 AM.  I guess that's all the students back in town...

I clocked us, but with all the stops it's hard to tell...I think we were right around 9 minutes a mile or so.

On a semi-related note, I decided that I need to get faster not just by training harder, but by ensuring there's less of me to move.  My goal is to lose 6 lbs in the next 6.5 weeks before the half-marathon.  (I've been reading up on ways to increase your speed, and the #1 recommended way is to lose 5 lbs).  So to that end, I'm going to completely cut out dairy (I've still been eating too much cheese, although I'm not eating butter or milk) and eat only fruit after dinner, which is my real pitfall time...something about the kids being in bed and finally having some quiet moments always makes me want to snack, and I'm determined to break that habit.  So I'll start reporting on how I'm doing there too. 

STATS:  3 miles, 9ish/mile?

No comments:

Post a Comment