Wednesday, February 1, 2017

2/1

6 tempoish (started out at 11:20, worked my way up to 7:53, then back down to 8:57ish and hung out there, then finished the last quarter-mile or so at 8:30ish). Avg pace was 9:18 thanks to the fact that I took about 2 miles to warm up. I don 't know if I'm doing these tempos right--based off the Higdon method I used when I very first started--but working my way up speed-wise and then back down to the HMP seems to work well for me mentally and physically. Frankly I was so tired today that the idea of running a mile warm-up and then holding a static pace seemed totally unbearable! Matthew has had a couple of HORRIBLE nights and I've gotten so little sleep that my legs have been aching ever since Monday...just not enough sleep for the muscle repair. I actually went back to bed for about an hour during his morning nap after I'd gotten the kids off to school...when I was lying facedown on the carpet after breakfast I realized I probably should try for more sleep. I think the problem is that I'm just not getting any quality sleep--he's still in our room (which is 2 months past when all the other babies have moved to their own room) and I can't sleep soundly even when I do get the chance to sleep since I'm listening for him, and he's still waking up about 4 times a night. Argh!

No comments:

Post a Comment