Wednesday, May 6, 2015

5/6

It's been a tiring couple of days; I had to do some schedule rearranging for this weekend, so I ended up running a very long and miserable 12 miles on the treadmill Monday (115:38; really trying to follow the slower pacing guidelines in the Pfitzinger book with 20% slower than MP for the first half and 10% slower than MP for the second half). Totally exhausted Tuesday but ran 3 to shake it out. 5 today and after just a couple of minutes the tendons in my ankle were hurting so much that it affected my running, so I stopped to stretch. Started again and it was still awful, so I walked for a couple of minutes and then very, very, very slowly took it from a 12-minute mile back up to a 9-minute mile. Not a fun run, but I did get fast enough by the end that even with the walking and the crappy pace for the first 2.5 miles I managed to get about 9:58/mile average pace for the whole thing.

5/4: 12
5/5: 3
5/6: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment