Friday, February 3, 2012

new treadmill

My new treadmill arrived yesterday and I did my first run this morning. So far I have mixed feelings.

Pros:  quieter and more powerful, fancier interface with more options.
Cons: takes longer to get up to speed (25ish seconds vs. the old one which was about 15), and it feels much more difficult to run on.  And the biggie:  no magazine rack or anything like that!  I almost always read while I run so this is hard for me (Neil is going to build something that will hopefully solve this).

Made the mistake of running this morning during Luke's supposedly "longer" nap.  I figured I could get in a quick run and have time to shower before he was up.  Haha!  He woke up less than a minute in.

Stopped at 1 minute to close the heating vent blowing hot air down onto the treadmill, at 2 minutes to give Luke his pacifier (hoping against hope), at 2 miles to change Luke's unpleasant diaper, and 3.3 miles to finally give in and get Luke up.  Kind of a frustrating run, although Isaac played very happily with his trains and marbles and books.  I think I need to get up before everyone and run then so that Neil can run at night, because running during the day always ends up being frustrating like this.

4 miles, under 9/mile--started out at 6.5 to warm up and ended at 7.2 mph, but all those stops really messed up my timing (it was like 35:50 or something, so I could probably subtract at least 2 minutes for treadmill speeding up time...)

No comments:

Post a Comment