Saturday, February 4, 2012

2/4

So far the first two runs on this treadmill have not been great.  Hopefully it improves.  I think it is substantially more challenging to run on than others I've run on; Neil thinks the calibration for the mileage may be off (but at least the possible error is on the side of underestimating pace/mileage) and I'm wondering the same thing (the calories definitely are.  There's no way I'm burning 150+ calories a mile running with no incline).

And in all fairness to the treadmill, I'm feeling crummy since it's that time of the month, so that may be a lot of it.  And it's boring running without being able to read--even with my iPod I just stare at those ticking numbers willing them upwards.

Stopped at .2 miles when the treadmill randomly was on a program that dropped me down to .5 miles an hour (down from 7 mph, why?!) and restarted, then stopped again after .3 miles because I was dizzy (ended up with my ceiling fan and Isaac's fan and that helped) and then again at 10 minutes to take care of Isaac who was lying on the floor with wet pants yelling for someone to come take off his wet pants.  Then (finally) I was able to just run until I finished the 4 miles; stopped there because my knee was starting to feel wobbly and weird.  But on the bright side, this is the first back-to-back run I've been able to do since January 6/7.

4 miles; 8:53/mile

No comments:

Post a Comment