Friday, February 10, 2012

2/8 & 2/10

Weird couple of days--our internet was out and everyone was sick.  Very isolating.

Ran on Wednesday and felt like I could manage 2-3 miles, tops.  As always, I felt better once I started going; stopped for water at the 5K mark and my pace up to that point was 8:33/mile.  Started running again and kept running until Neil told me I had to stop before I made myself sicker (and then I kept running until he came and stood next to the treadmill and said "Get. Off. Now.")

4.5 miles; 8:44/avg pace

This afternoon was a disjointed run--stopped after 1 minute to put my contacts in (I was hoping my glasses would do better because my eyes still don't feel great), then stopped at 2 miles to answer the phone and deal with the internet tech support guy, and then at 4.1 miles to get yelling Luke, and then finished out the 5.  The last few minutes were awful because I kept worrying that Luke was going to dive off the bed and so I would leap off the treadmill, rearrange Luke, and then jump back on (8-9 seconds each) and I just left the treadmill going so that it didn't take the dreaded 30-second startup time (I also got off at 2.6 miles to turn the fan on because I was dying).  So I ran an extra tenth of a mile to make up for the stopping.

5 miles; 8:50/mile...I could definitely tell I was sicker today.  Not much energy, dizzy, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment