Thursday, December 22, 2011

Utah!!

So today did not look particularly auspicious for running--we just drove 24 hours to get here (nonstop, awesomeness with the kids!!!) and I was so exhausted last night that I went to bed before the kids were all the way asleep.  And when I woke up today, the wind was whipping the trees outside and the snow against the windows, and it was FREEZING cold, but hey...what are you going to do?  I mapped out a route, bundled up, and went out.

I'll spare you the details (EXCEPT I RAN SOME HUGE HUGE HILLS!  If you know American Fork, I ran that hill on 1120 N. that goes from 100 E. to 200 E, which is probably the steepest hill I've ever run, and then the hill on 700 N. up to the temple, which is probably the longest steep hill I've ever run).  I was so incredibly ridiculously proud of myself for running without stopping to walk, which isn't saying much considering how slow I was probably going, but I kept going despite altitude/hills/cold/fatigue/etc.  I was actually pretty surprised at how great I felt--it was nice to actually run just to run without having any expectations as to time or performance, since I forgot to look at a clock before I left.

I ran over to the temple where Neil and I were married and got a little misty-eyed reminiscing (9 years ago on Monday!), then ran back to my in-laws' house.

5.2 miles, ? pace

No comments:

Post a Comment