Friday, December 16, 2011

bliss

Running outside is just so much better.

4 miles on my favorite loop--lots of hills, trails, woods, and beautiful sunset--fell into a steady, even pace early on and didn't vary it one jot until I hit a huge muddy field about a quarter-mile from home...I finally slowed down to dodge squishiness after the third splash of icy mud into my shoes.

Stopped at home to put my bread dough into pans and then ran another mile.  Such a great run--this was just wonderful today.  It's nice to just enjoy running for the sake of running rather than pushing myself to go faster and harder (although I am definitely a lot slower outside than on the treadmill...).

5 miles, pace probably just under 9:00/mile with the walking in the field

1 comment:

  1. It's probably nice to have someone else on pacifier patrol.

    ReplyDelete