Wednesday, December 14, 2011

running in the rain

Yoga yesterday--Neil is still working on the treadmill relay board.  He fixed the capacitor and the blown fuse and then started testing it again and apparently there's a transistor that's gone bad as well.  So...still waiting.

Didn't run this morning because I was worried about everyone getting off to school (and Luke was SUPER fussy and I didn't get him calmed down until it was too late to leave and get back in time to see Abigail & Juliet off).  So Neil came home a little early this evening and I ran out the door as soon as he got home and ran 5 miles in the rain through my neighborhood.

It took me a few miles to really get into it, but by the end I had settled into a slow and steady pace, dodging puddles, looking at Christmas lights.  So good to be out.  It's been a really stressful couple of weeks in a lot of ways, and I have missed the running so much as a way to metabolize all the stress hormones.  And I guess it's good that I am practicing running outside again now so that it's not as much of a shock when we're in Utah and I am (hopefully!  otherwise I will be a cranky mess) running there...the altitude is going to be enough of an adjustment!

5 miles; about 8:48/mile as near as I can guess (it may have been faster than that but definitely not slower)

1 comment:

  1. Hurry up and get here so we can run. I've also told Rachael that you are coming. We'll set something up so you can meet her for a run.

    ReplyDelete