Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The day my treadmill caught on fire

So Luke woke up 5 minutes in, and I stopped to give him his pacifier.  Then again at 15 to give him his pacifier.  Then at 4.7 miles I noticed a really awful burning smell.  I wondered if I'd turned the oven off.  It smelled HORRIBLE.  So I ran to check the oven, which was off.  I came back in to finish my last .3 miles and realized the smell was just in my room.  Was it the furnace? 

I ran another .1 mile and just had this feeling that I needed to stop running NOW.  So I did.  And then I ran back out to check on Juliet who was asking me something and I came back in and smoke was billowing out from the front of the treadmill.

True story. 

So...I figured I was done running for awhile. 

Neil came home and did things to the treadmill and decided that the motor is going out.  So tomorrow I will call and hopefully a new one will be here soon. 

And because we all know I am a control freak, I finished the .2 miles after the kids were in bed.  I ran barefoot and it was really interesting--all on my toes.  I've heard a lot about barefoot running--have any of you gotten into it at all?

4.8 miles; 8:04 mile +.2 miles later for a total of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment