Friday, July 8, 2011

7/8

Oh man...that was rough.  This morning a dozen hard-backed books fell off a high shelf onto my head (I have no idea why...they just suddenly launched from the back of the bookcase) and knocked me to the floor.  I felt kind of weird and my head hurt but I ran anyway.  I did stop for water @ 3.1 miles because I felt so lousy, then after I finished I was walking and suddenly got really dizzy and ended up hunched over the toilet.  I wish I could say, "I guess I should have listened to my body," but the truth is, I think I would have felt worse all day if I didn't run, because it affects me so much.  Not just physically, but emotionally--I am so mad at myself all day if I don't run.

Sometimes I worry about this a little bit, because I think running is becoming one of those things that I HAVE to do, like checking all the door locks three times before I can go to sleep.  Maybe I should start reading my "Overcoming OCD" book again. 

STATS:  4 miles; 8:35/mile

No comments:

Post a Comment