Wednesday, July 20, 2011

7/20

I have mixed feelings about today's run.  On the one hand, I ran much faster than usual; on the other, I had to stop much more than usual.  Four minutes in, Abigail and Juliet got in a fight over a throw pillow and I had to break that up.  Six minutes later (@10 minutes), I had to go put Luke's pacifier back in.  And thirteen minutes after that (@ 23:36) I had to move Luke and his bouncy seat to my bathroom so he would go back to sleep from the thumping of the treadmill.  Then I finished out the 4 miles (@33:11) and stopped for water, then decided to run another mile.  I finished the 5 miles at 40:55. 

So for timing today, do I look at the final speed, or do I subtract a minute for the 15 seconds it takes the treadmill to get back to speed each time it starts?  And I ran pretty hard today (hard enough that when I coughed at the 7:30 pace I got a mouthful of stomach acid), but I also was able to catch my breath for the minute that I was off the treadmill finding pacifiers and the like (I'm always motivated to go fast doing those things because the treadmill turns off after 2 minutes and loses all your workout stats).

Anyway, tempo run today starting at 9:05/mile, going up to 7:30/mile, and finishing at 7:53/mile. 

5 miles; average pace 8:11 if you count the stops and starts and 8:00 if you don't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment