Wednesday, July 27, 2016

7/27

6.2 tonight. Local race series trail 5k and then picked up the other 5k once the kids were in bed, both with DH, so that was nice! Ran the first 5k at a pretty easy pace thanks to all the obstacles on the trails (11:43) and the second a little harder (10:40). Both were dang hot but the second through my neighborhood was definitely worse even after the sun was down--the shade and trails cut the heat quite a bit! Pretty fun course with lots of stairs (both concrete and 2-ft high ones cut into the trail with logs here and there), four or five stream crossings (no wet feet though--water was pretty low), muddy and sandy patches, and LOTS of hurdling fallen trees. My favorite kind of trail with just enough stuff to keep it interesting and make you watch every step--goes so much faster that way!
A couple of amusing bits--I had to walk up the steep bits of the trail bc there was literally not enough room for my leg to bend without hitting my stomach, and the RD asked if she could take a picture with me after I finished to convince her daughter that it was possible to keep running during pregnancy (she really wants grandchildren). Haha! Overall a good running day and I was super happy that the first race of this series fell on my birthday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment