Monday, April 25, 2016

4/25

6.6 on the trails today with Nathan. It was an interesting run after a weekend of very sick kids. I didn't think Nate and I would make it out today (he ate breakfast and then it came right back up again...and again...and again), but when I suggested a quiet morning at home he got super upset and insisted we get out with the stroller, so out we went (with an emergency kit of Popsicles, Ziploc bag, change of clothes, baby wipes, lots of water, and a few applesauce pouches...thankfully we didn't need any of it other than the food and water!).

I ended up getting 6.6 out of my 5.3 trail thanks to all the detours he wanted to make (we visited a school bus, a bridge, two stoplights, and two train mailboxes). Then when we got home I settled him down with a Popsicle in his camping chair on the front lawn and ran another 6/10 up and down our street (three laps) at 8:56 pace, which was much nicer than the 11:06 pace I was doing with the stroller on a gazillion hills against the wind! Our last mile, which was fiiinally downhill with a tailwind, was way faster than the others. Avg pace 10:52. Lots of stretching while I pushed him in the swing to follow. :-)

ETA: 2.1 walking

No comments:

Post a Comment