Wednesday, June 3, 2015

6/3

Blah 4 yesterday on the treadmill; I got really dizzy at one point and almost fell off. 9:28/mile

Same pace tonight but infinitely better. Gorgeous 12.3 tonight--I mapped out a route before I left home and then once I got going I decided to just run where I felt like running. I haven't
done one of those in awhile and it was really lovely, although it totally
kicked my butt because apparently where I felt like running was down to the
river bottoms and then back up! Lots and lots of hills, but as I was
running uphill at mile 9 I was thinking about how strong I felt and about
all the people I passed on that hill a couple of years ago (it was mile 13
of the Purdue half before they changed the course because of complaints
about that hill) and how awesome it is to have a body capable of running.
So I guess that endorphin high was going strong! I did notice that my legs
felt a lot better running in my lighter Sauconys but my feet feel better
with the support of my Brooks, which I've worn to death and I can't wait
for my new ones to get here this week. SRD for me tomorrow, but I'll
probably do some yoga/hiking with the kids to shake any stiffness out.

No comments:

Post a Comment