Saturday, June 20, 2015

6/20

12.16 this morning on the roads at 9:54/mile. I'm nursing YET ANOTHER cold so I didn't push super hard, but finished feeling good (I was chugging turmeric milk last night trying to get rid of my sore throat and it definitely helped a lot). Today's run was fun because it was a route I've never run--I got up a couple hours before anyone else and ran out on the back roads to a cherry orchard to meet DH & kids. Beautiful early morning, nice temps, but 97% humidity and I ate my quota of bugs for the month since they were in visible swarms all over the place (when I was showering afterwards I could see tons of gnats going down with the water. Gross!). Used Bear's chia/lime/honey mixture again and I can definitely recommend it (I just filled up one of my belt bottles with it and had some every 4 miles). Pretty much nobody on the roads, since I was way out, so I just ran down the center line most of the time. My family passed me just when I was starting to flag a little around 9 miles and seeing them gave me my second wind and I clocked my last 3 miles about a minute per mile faster than I'd been going wanting to catch up with them. Totally freaked me out though until I recognized them because I couldn't understand why the car wasn't passing me and all these people were yelling! Picked cherries, then headed home for a shower before we went over to Delphi for the Kids' Canal Days (which ended up being postponed since the canal was 3 ft higher than normal, but it was still pretty fun). 

34 for week, 98 for the month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment