Friday, January 3, 2014

Long run

9 miles on the treadmill tonight--there's 5 inches of snow outside and it's -2 degrees. Not great running weather.

Ran 5 miles and then stopped for water and a Gu. I was pretty tired (I wish I'd been able to run earlier, but I don't want to take time away from my kids for such a long daytime run). My back, right knee, and right hip were all aching.

Ran hill intervals and speed intervals for the first 5 miles (6.5 mph and then a 7.0 mph for a couple of minutes, plus 3 minutes of hills every 7 minutes). When I started up again I was really tired and took it slower for a couple of miles and then sped up gradually (no hills). Decided to try a training technique I read about and finished the last mile upwards of 7.0 the whole time and then ended at 8/mile.

9 miles; 9:06/mile

No comments:

Post a Comment