Wednesday, January 1, 2014

1/1/2014

Looks like I've forgotten to do a lot of updating! I ran Thursday, Friday, and Saturday to bring the total to 26 for the week. We drove up to Michigan Saturday and my Monday/Tuesday runs were outside over snow-covered ice. Beautiful and a little scary--I definitely used muscles I don't usually need to stay stable on the incredibly uneven terrain (a foot of snow that had been rained down to a couple of inches, then covered with ice, then more snow, so it was pretty rough going).

Anyway, Monday's run was one of those where you just want to keep going forever. I seriously did not want to stop and kept adding little detours. 5.25 miles, and then I walked another 3 later that day over some of the same icy terrain with my family (carrying Nathan in the front carrier...totally killed my back and I was so achy the next day! I also fell on the ice twice when I was walking and ended up with giant bruises covering both kneecaps and one elbow).

On Tuesday I literally could not roll over in bed because my back was so painful, but running helped SO much! I ran a beautiful 4 through falling snow and a headwind...when I first started out each step was splashing snow up inside my pants and I was so cold, but after a mile or so it didn't bother me anymore. When I got back I realized that the inside of my pants up to my knees were coated in ice and my skin was completely numb! Looks like it's time to swap out the loose-bottomed spandex yoga pants for some real running tights (I did get a really sweet tech jacket for Christmas that I LOVE).

Today (Wednesday) I ran a slow 6, about 9:25/mile. I had to stop twice to take care of a very grumpy Nathan (who is currently yelling). But I hit my goal of running every day from Thanksgiving-New Year's Day (except Sundays) and my total was 145.25. Not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment