Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Long run

8.22 miles tonight on the half-marathon course--we cut off a few miles in the middle but ran the first half and the last half, which includes the long hill up to the finish.  We started around 8 PM and it was a looong day for me, but I ate a Gu halfway through and carried water, so I think that helped.  Anyway, I felt strong the whole run and we kept trying to slow it down--every time I checked the Garmin we were somewhere between 8 and 8:30/mile.  I accidentally turned it off halfway through so I'm not totally sure on our pace, but I think it was 9:00/mile or less.  My new running buddy is definitely helping me to go faster than I'd go on my own (keep in mind that this was her second run today and she'd just spent an hour playing tennis.  Wow!).

8.22 miles, hilly course, 9/mile

No comments:

Post a Comment