Saturday, May 18, 2013

5/18

5 miles tonight over the hills with the Garmin.  I ran one of my usual routes--through heavy woods--and it kept losing the GPS signal, so sometimes it would say I was running 7:07/mile and then the next time I looked down it would say 16:38/mile.  And then on the way back it started going backwards--the first time I looked it said 3.68 miles and then the next time it said 3.65, then 3.64, etc.  I ran an out-and-back route and it took about .12 off the mileage on the way back.  Overall, I really liked running with the Garmin (first time! finally!) but I think I may have to just not plan on using it in the woods.  I was SO glad to get out and run today--I was tired and had a stomachache that's lasted for 24 hours, and I was tired enough that I tripped over a few roots, but it was so so so so good to get away from the crazy.

Stopped at 4.7 miles when I ran into Juliet's friend's mom, with whom I wanted to talk about running.  Ran the last .3 miles at 7:30 because I was worried about getting home in time to feed Nathan; I think most of the rest of the run was around 10/mile or less (until it started going backwards on the mileage I was about 9:40/mile going by time & accumulated distance).

5 miles, lots of hills

No comments:

Post a Comment