Tuesday, April 24, 2012

the last week

Last week wasn't a great one for running; I was sick and the kids were sick, which meant there wasn't much spare time.  I ran 3 on Wednesday and 3 on Friday, and that was all I squeezed in before poor miserable Lukey would wake up inconsolable (speak of the devil!  10:36 pm and he just started crying--last night he was crying from 10-midnight and then up again at 6:30).  And as I mentioned, I was sick and a total wreck.  I spent a lot more time crying last week than running.

5 miles yesterday; stopped at 3 for water and then at 4 to get Luke--he sat on my bed while I ran the last mile. Average pace for that run was 8:41.

Another 5 today--SO exhausted.  Started running really late after a long day with sick kids (and I'm still coughing a lot, which seems to be exacerbated by running.  I really hope this goes away soon, since when I was coughing a ton last week it was pulling on the scar from my hernia surgery.  Not fun at all).  Stopped at 2 miles and at 3.6 miles for water and just trying to give myself a pep talk to keep going--my knee was aching and my back was aching on the opposite side--my legs felt like lead.  So, so, so tired!  8:50/avg pace today.

No comments:

Post a Comment