Monday, April 30, 2012

4/30

I was hoping to fit another run in last week, but I had to perform in our ward dinner theater Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights, plus all the end-of-semester grading on Saturday.  Craziness.

Started off really slow today because I was exhausted and I had terrible cramps.  Stopped at 3.5 for water; finished out the 5.  Didn't go faster than 8:34/mile, but I'd started so slow for so long (around 10/mile for the first mile) that my average pace was only 9/mile.  I'm seriously debating whether it's worth continuing to blog this until my knee gets better and I feel like I can push harder.  I feel like running is really taking a backseat right now...I'm trying not to run during the afternoons so that I can either spend that time with my children or doing other things that would otherwise take time from my children, so by the time I finally get around to running I am drained.  I need to just focus on maintaining and not worry about getting faster or farther, I think, because right now my family needs my time more than I need to be setting PRs.  (Like my little pep talk here?)

I did order new shoes tonight--I'm really hoping that helps.  My feet are starting to ache.  And I didn't wear my brace tonight because I was too tired to deal with it...we'll see how that plays out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment