Tuesday, June 28, 2016

6/28

5 very easy today. The best I can say is that my run followed the exact pattern that all my other runs did at this point in pregnancy--darn cramps were back to haunt me. But at least I know why--did some research last night through my old logs and it looks like it's the round ligament causing all the pain; it herniated when I was pregnant with my 3rd (had to have emergency surgery to fix it, I'll let you imagine how fun that was with no anesthesia). Doesn't hurt when I'm not pregnant but right around now it really comes back to haunt me for a few weeks. Hopefully it will stop in 3ish weeks as it's done in the past, but with my last couple babies I just gritted my teeth and ran through it when I could and walked when I couldn't so that's my plan now as well.

Anyway, got 2.2 before the cramping was too bad; ran/walked for a few minutes, then had to walk half a mile before it stopped and I could run very slowly again from 3.1-5. Gradually got speed back up to my normal easy pace for the last third of a mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment