Monday, June 27, 2016

6/27

10 miles today--kind of an interesting run. I wanted to do a faster one today, so I did my standard aerobic pace w/ HMP intervals. At 5.3 I had to stop to help my kids with something and then my mom called to discuss what time I'm meeting her in Chicago this weekend--she is always SUPER busy and hard to get in touch with, so I pretty much had to take the call. Long story short, it took 10:35 before I could start running again, which was just long enough for some wicked cramps when I started back up (from reading my running logs from previous pregnancies this is always an issue right at this point). Tried to breathe through them, couldn't, stopped & walked, started again at a much much slower pace (slower even than my easy pace)--after about 1.5 miles they were finally gone and so I slowly worked my way back up until I was at a normal pace again about 7.5 miles in. I'd been planning to run 8 but since I'd just barely started feeling good again I ran to 9...stopped at 9 for 2 seconds & figured I might as well finish out the 10. Avg pace 10:35, last mile 9:48. Pretty happy with that at 27 weeks. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment