Saturday, July 25, 2015

7/25

14.2 for me this morning. I've really been
hunting for new people to run with after all my previous running buddies
moved away. I had a couple of runs lined up and then both people pulled
out, so then I found our local trail runners' group on Facebook (no road
runners' group around here) and met up with them today. It was nice to run
with other people, but only 3 people showed up, they were all planning to
run slower/shorter distance than me, etc., so it wasn't as ideal as I might
have hoped. Anyway, I ran about 4.5 down to meet them, 6 with one girl who
was running about a minute slower than I was planning to go, and then
another 3.5 by myself once she was done (that was hard getting it in, since
all the trails were flooded--I went .75 down one trail before it was cut
off by the river, turned around and ran .5 before I got cut off the other
way, etc.) Average pace ended up being 10:28 (about 9:45 for the first
miles by myself, 11:30 with the other girl, 10:30 for three miles after we
split, and then fartleks until the finish.); it was WAY more hills &
concrete than I've been doing lately, thanks to all the flooding on the
trails, so my knees were really hurting by the end. Wanted to finish on a
faster note as if I was pushing towards a finish line, so the last .69 were
8:04/mile, which seems to be my standard finish-chute pace! Did my
stretches up on a balcony overlooking the river, which was beautiful and
much more scenic than I usually get to enjoy! Overall it was a good run, if a little more interrupted than I would like!

40.3 for the week, 139 for the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment