Monday, July 20, 2015

7/18

10 in Chicago--SO hot! I finished about 8:30 AM and it was already 90 (wouldn't you know that a storm blew in later and dumped rain everywhere and it was a frigid monsoon!). I love running in Chicago because of the comraderie with hundreds of other people out doing the same thing and chatting at water fountains and stoplights about the heat and how many miles we have left. Midwesterners are so friendly!! I ran a couple of miles from my sister's neighborhood in Lincoln Park over to the loop around North Lake, then headed out for the lakefront trail and ran for a few miles until I hit my halfway point, then turned around. It was a gorgeous run but I was glad that I'd done my LR earlier in the week (especially since we went to the Field Museum later and were walking all over town--I think we walked another 4.5 miles and I did 24 trips up and down my sister's stairs during the weekend (third-floor walk-up)).

39.7 miles for the week; 98.7 for the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment