Saturday, March 2, 2013

32 weeks

I've been trying to pick up the pace a little this week--it's going a tiny bit faster, but I just don't have the lung capacity right now that I used to.  Too many weeks of scaling back to avoid the cramping and contractions!  The last two runs I've started out faster, dropped down after 2 minutes, and then gradually climbed up to a faster pace.

Today I ran 3 miles, then stopped to help Jules (she had broken a bead necklace and was in tears).  When I started up again I started out at 8:49, which was faster than I was comfortable, so I gradually took the speed down over the next half-mile.  Then Isaac needed something, and I was glad of the excuse to stop and help him!  Started back up at 9:30 and that was much better.  Average pace for the run today was 10:27/mile, including all the stopping/starting.  Other runs this week were around the same pace; yoga only happened once (I have been doing tons of grading & projects the other days trying to get ready for the baby).  Walking .5-1 mile every time to cool down, depending on how much time I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment