Saturday, September 1, 2012

Boiled eggs are the worst pre-run food ever

4 miles Monday, 3.5 miles Tuesday (speedwork 7x400 sprints), 3 miles easy Wednesday, rest Thursday, 8 miles Friday, 3 miles Saturday

I've felt kind of cruddy this week, but I did all my runs!  Some were good and some not so good...lots of them I was pretty dizzy and nauseated.  Yesterday's 8-miler was an endurance test--it was just under 90 degrees (at 7 pm) and insanely humid (thunderstorms on their way).  I ran 3.5 miles to meet a friend, ran 3 miles with her, and ran 1.5 miles home by myself.  I'm so glad that I was meeting her halfway because it would have been really hard to run that all by myself--the first 3.5 I was motivating myself by trying to catch up with other runners (and felt inordinate satisfaction when passing them!).

3 miles tonight were so revitalizing--I felt SO incredibly sick all day.  I took a nap this afternoon and then spent about an hour and a half lying on my bed while everyone else was eating dinner, which I felt too yucky to eat (I got almost done making it and then I just couldn't handle it anymore, so I ended up boiling myself two eggs and lying down to eat them).  When I finally got up Neil had the kids almost in bed, and I got dressed and went out to run hoping that would make me at least feel better mentally if not physically.  The eggs started to come back up about 2 minutes into the run, but I hung in there, and ran out to what used to be my favorite route and is now a construction zone.  I ran through the muddy mucky mess of road-in-progress and up the hill and it was the best part of my day--just being alone out there with NO cars and no people and nothing (not even any construction equipment--just a deserted sweep of dirt road) but geese honking and swimming in a nearby flood zone.  When I turned around I was so sad to go back to civilization!

No comments:

Post a Comment