Saturday, September 8, 2012

Good week

I feel really good about my runs this week.  I had a couple of rough ones early in the week, but the last 2 were great, and I got in 3 outdoor runs, which is what I've been trying to do, so that was also great.

4 on Monday, 4.5 on Tuesday (tempo run on the treadmill and it was sooooo long...my laptop finally died so I couldn't watch a movie and I didn't have a good book to read that would stay up well so I could read as I ran).  3 on Wednesday with my friend, who was so kind about the fact that I was feeling awful and I stopped a couple of times thinking I was going to throw up--it was honestly the worst I have ever felt on such a short run!  It was a pretty warm & humid day and I totally hadn't drunk enough, plus I was really tired--it was a bad combination.

8 last night with Neil--one of the very best runs we've ever done together.  We were running the toughest course that we can do around here (hills all the way with a big hill in the middle--one mile down, one mile back up again), and it started running before we were even a mile in.  HARD.  It stopped again after another mile or so, but around mile 3 it started raining and and at mile 4 it was DUMPING rain.  Like so insanely hard that the trail was completely awash, our feet were soaked, our clothes were plastered to us, and it was really hard to see!  It was so completely insane that we both just started laughing and we ended up singing at the top of our lungs (and making out about 6 miles in, which usually we're too sweaty to do when we're running, but when you're standing in torrential rain, it works!).  By the end I was starting to shiver and the rain was little pellets and I could feel it puddling in my collarbones (my skin was so red and abraded afterwards) so I was glad we were only running 8.

Ran half of the course (4 miles, starting at the big mile uphill) by myself tonight, running home from a ward potluck at a park.  Really fun run and I spent most of it thinking how grateful I am for my body.  I'm not as fast as I was a couple of years ago, and who knows if I will be again, since my knee is still not totally stable and pain-free, but I think that year of pain and injury has taught me to just appreciate running for the sheer love of running, and not being (quite) as obsessed about my pace and splits.

M 4, T 4.5, W 3, F 8, S 4, 23.5 for the week

No comments:

Post a Comment