Saturday, September 29, 2012

Not the best

This was a hard week for running; I found out on Wednesday that I have an ovarian cyst, which has been what's causing all the pain (thankful that it was not an ectopic pregnancy, as I had originally thought, but still worrisome because I'm 10 weeks pregnant and the cyst could potentially be pretty dangerous to the baby.  How's that for a pregnancy announcement?!)  :-)

Anyway, for the past few months, with how sick I have been with this pregnancy, my goal has been miles rather than time, and this week was definitely along those lines.

Monday: 5 miles on treadmill
Tuesday: 4.5 miles speedwork (9 x400), treadmill
Wednesday:  accidentally ran 6 miles.  Long story.  Usual Wednesday run should be 3 miles, but I swapped it with a 5-miler and then realized a couple miles in that I was running a 6-mile route instead of the 5-mile route.
Thursday: blessed day of rest.  Good because the pain started up again, so I cancelled my plans to go running Friday morning with a friend and instead
Friday: ran 3 miles on the treadmill
Saturday: really long 10 miles (approximate--didn't have a good tracker and it was through tiny winding trails in the woods).  My stomach pain woke me up this morning, and it was pretty agonizing--I had to walk about 100 yards in.  We quickly revised our running plans so that we were running 7 miles of woods loops so that we would never be more than a couple of miles from home, instead of running halfway across town.  I made it through the run, but it was pretty agonizing and there were periods every mile or so when I was just bent over with my hands on my knees breathing through the pain.  So frustrating when my body shuts down on me like this, but as far as I know, there's nothing to be done about the pain other than just deal with it.  So, so, so insanely glad that Neil was with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment