Saturday, August 25, 2012

8/25

I've done all my other runs this week; they just haven't made it on here.

So 3.5 miles on Monday, 4 miles Tuesday, 3 miles on Wednesday (which oddly enough felt harder than either of the shorter runs, because I'd pushed those really hard and I was trashed on Wednesday, plus I got up about 5:30 to go run).  Another 3 miles yesterday, and then 7 today.

And whew!  Today's run was a first in that it is the first time I have ever ever ever run in public wearing just a sports bra.  We ran the first 3 miles and I was dying, so when we got to the woods I just carried my shirt for the rest of the run.  Since it was right around 90 degrees at 6 pm and I was starting to get dizzy, I think it made a huge difference in being able to finish comfortably.  I felt SO much better afterwards.

So 7 good miles through heat and hills...much slower than we'd normally go, but since it was the end of the day and we'd done 3 hours of yard work that morning (I mowed the lawn in that awful heat and then spent forever weeding the garden!) I was pretty happy with it.  Stopped 3 times for water.

20.5 miles for the week; knee is a little twinge-inducing but overall pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment