Monday, August 20, 2012

8/20

Really relaxing run with my friend Doreen on Saturday morning; there was mist everywhere and it was beautiful and cool.  Came home and biked (up INSANE hills!) for a couple of hours with the family (which means toting kids on my bike) and then mowed the lawn; by the end I was glad that I'd only run 3 miles that morning so I had energy for the rest of the day.

3.5 miles today on the treadmill, kept the resistance at 1 to mimic some of the wind resistance outside; 8:34/average pace, topping out at 8:00/mile and running a tempo run.  It still feels really weird to be running such short runs, but it is great to focus on building up speed again (finally! My 3.5 is back under 30 minutes), and it's nice to be running 5 days a week.  I'm excited to hit a couple of weeks down the road when I'm running 5-milers on my regular days and 10 on my long days.  (Especially excited to start running with Neil, who has not run a step since we ran today on my birthday, almost a month ago, and it was probably 3 months before that.  He keeps insisting that he wants to run the half-marathon with me, but he isn't doing any running, so we'll see.  The fact that he's 11 inches taller does give him an unfair advantage on training for pace, but I am secretly hoping that I show him up when we run together this weekend.  I love it when I have to slow down so he can keep up. How's that for a nice wife?)

My knee is still feeling decent--it grates occasionally, but my hip on the opposite side is getting a little achy.  Come on, body!

No comments:

Post a Comment