Saturday, March 24, 2012

3/24

Three of my kids are sick right now (fevers and occasional vomiting, so awesome).  I don't know if I have what they have or if my body is just reacting to a super stressful week (all that grading plus the sick kids) and the fact that I stayed up until 1:30 am last night reading The Hunger Games again and then got up at 6 am to nurse my miserable little baby (fortunately he went back to sleep for another hour after that).

Anyway, I seriously felt horrible all day, but I was hoping that running would do the trick.  I told myself to just start out slow (at 10:00/mile) and work up, although I never went faster than 8:49/mile, and would take it back down to 9:13/mile every so often when I started feeling dizzy again.

4.1 miles; stopped for water and to check on my feverish babies (Neil was at the lab) and then ran until I hit 6; my time was right around 9:00/mile for the whole thing. Slow, but satisfying, and I feel a lot better now.  Running as the miracle cure!  I need to just focus on miles and not worry about pace right now, I think, but that is really hard to do.

Knee a little uncomfortable at the beginning and then again when I stopped for water; stretched for a LONG time afterwards and I'm going for ice now.

No comments:

Post a Comment